Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kaycie Sez...

I think that Kaycie may be going through some sort of new developmental phase, as I've noticed a significant increase in her unusual commentary.  She's been a real treasure trove of wackiness this week!  I've tried to jot down as many as I can remember:

Overheard while she was showing off her baby brother to one of her classmates at school:  "Yeah... isn't he cute?  He's here to have his teeth removed."

When we went to register her for Kindergarten, she said the following to the school's principal:  "If you want, you can come to my house today for a sleepover and a campfire!"

After going potty:  "Mom, I washed my hands all by myself, so I think I'm going to go stick my fingers in my brother's mouth."

After hearing Ken mention that her Aunt Julie was his sister:  "Daaaad....  you are soooo silly.  Auntie Julie's not your sister... she's a grown up!"

When I told her that I could feel her hip bone under her skin:  "Sorry Mom, but that's my brain, not my hip bone."

Slightly long set-up required for this one.  We had one piece of leftover chicken in the fridge, and Ken heated it up to eat with our dinner.  Kaycie took one look at it and said, "I want some chicken!"  Ken, for reasons unbeknownst to me, said to her, "Oh, this isn't chicken... it's unicorn."  Kaycie doesn't miss a beat and says, "Oops... I actually meant that I want some unicorn."

When I told her I loved her:  "You should sing me a beautiful ballad!"

4 comments:

  1. can't wait to eavesdrop once knolan starts jabbering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, I think you need a "Ken Sez..." post as well, as I'm pretty sure Kaycie gets her kookiness from him. The unicorn comment seems to substantiate my claim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, she is priceless. I am with Donna too- I love the idea of a 'Ken Sez'. You can use Kenny Bear for the of the photos :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She makes me pee my pants, that girl! :)

    ReplyDelete