Monday, February 14, 2011

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

Happy Valentine's Day!  I'm just listening to the soothing sounds of silence from my son's room as he naps and making not-so-surprise (I tried, but my family is far too snoopy!) heart shaped pancakes for Ken and Kaycie while Kaycie makes a Valentine's card for her dad in the other room.  Pretty awesome morning by our standards!


Yummmmm!!!

Kaycie's card

My mother-in-law sent me an email yesterday with all sorts of quotes from 4-8 year olds on what they thought love meant.  She asked me in the email to let her know what Kaycie thought love means.

I was thrilled!  I thought that this would make a wonderful and touching blog post for Valentine's Day.  I could paste a few of the kids' quotes in and then end my post with a touching "awww..." moment when I revealed Kaycie's take on what love means.  It would be perfect.  Well.... read on to see how THAT plan worked out.  :-) 

Here are just a few of the quotes that I pulled from the email:

'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.'
Terri - age 4
'Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before
giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.'
Danny - age 7
'Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you
still want to be together and you talk more.
My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss'
Emily - age 8
'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends
even after they know each other so well.'
Tommy - age 6
'During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all
the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling.
He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore.'
Cindy - age 8
'My mommy loves me more than anybody
You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.'
Clare - age 6
'Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.'
Elaine-age 5
'Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all
day.'
Mary Ann - age 4
'When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come
out of you.' (what an image)
Karen - age 7


And here is the answer I got from Kaycie when I asked her to tell me what 'love' means:
'Well... love is when you go in the curtains and wrap them all around you and then you go and eat and then you poop and pee all over the place.'
Kaycie - age 3

And then she laughed her head off.  I guess she's hit that "potty humour" stage.  If you're a regular reader, you can probably guess what came next.  :-)
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment