Friday, November 15, 2013

The Words My Kids Say

Me:  "What are you doing, buddy?" 
Knolan:  "Oh.  I am just putting my hand in my butt to pull stuff out." 
Me:  "Um..why?" 
Knolan:  "So I can throw it."  (of course)

***

Kaycie:  (While flinging herself forward just because she felt like it, I guess.) "Mom. Look! I'm very impressive, aren't I?"

***

Knolan's childcare provider:  (after Knolan had a particularly messy accident in his undies and beyond) "You can't poop in your clothes, Knolan.  If you have to poop, you tell me or your mommy, ok?"
Knolan:  "Thanks for telling me.  I think I just needed someone to tell me."

***

Kaycie:  (After she pinched a nerve in her neck during gym class.)  "I sure got a lot of intention from my neck injury, Mom."
Me:  "Huh?"
Kaycie:  "Intention... I got a lot of it from the other girls.  They asked me a lot of questions about what happened to my neck, and I thought to myself, 'wow... my neck sure is getting me a lot of intention!' "

***

Knolan:  When we were standing out on the back porch after dark, I pointed out how pretty the moon was.  He said, "Where?"  I pointed at the moon, and said, "There!"  He said, "The sun?"  And I said, "No cutie... that's the MOON."  Knolan looked truly astounded, and then crouched down low, held his palms upwards, gesturing to the moon above, and whispered, "It's... it's... a miracle."  And then he stood up, still gesturing toward the moon and shouted into the night, "It's ALIVE!!!!!"

***

Kaycie:  "Mom... could you fashion me a cup of juice?"



No comments:

Post a Comment