Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Official... I'm a Mother-in-Law!

Well, I suspected this day would come, but frankly, I didn't think it would come this soon.  My little girl went out and got hitched yesterday!  Ahhh... they grow up so fast, don't they?

It was a simple wedding.  She and her groom decided on a wedding at the beach.  Of course, Kaycie's best friends wouldn't have missed it for the world and snagged some sweet front row seats in the sun:

Their designer beach hats went perfectly
with their fancy shoes.

The ceremony was beautiful, of course, but nothing compared to how stunning my little girl was.  The bride wore pink, of course, and just like her BFFs, Kaycie would have nothing but the most gorgeous wedding shoes for her big day.  With a tiara to top off her perfectly coiffed sunhat, and a rainbow necklace, she was a sight to see:


And the bouquet!  How could I forget.  Well, our blushing bride was very particular about her bouquet.  Despite my suggestions that she could pick something a little less "seasonal", artificial poinsettias it was!  You never know... she may be starting a trend!


After the ceremony, both she and her groom were anxious to show off the wedding ring... I must say, her sweetie picked the perfect ring.  :-)


After all was said and done, Kaycie and her hubbie, Dr. Hook (Ken and I thought his name was "Bear", but what do we know?!) walked away hand in hand, anxious to tell our cat, Gypsy (who you can't really see in this picture), the good news.


After the big event was over, I asked Kaycie why she thought grown ups got married, and she said, "They get married so they can do this..." and she puckered up her lips and made a big, smacking "mmwahh!"

I totally love her so much!

4 comments: