Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ou est la blog?

I recently updated my Facebook status with a little snippet about my daughter: 

Kaycie is at such a funny age. Today we were practising rhyming by singing "Down by the Bay". Kaycie's 'rhyming' contribution to the song was: "Did you ever see a lady eating out of some kid's dirty car seat.... down by the bay". Further work on rhyming is needed! (I also see a car seat cleaning session in our future too!)

"Ou est la blog?" my good friend Faiza (who has a fantabulous blog called It's Gonna Be a Lovely Day) posted underneath my status update.  It was about 2 months ago that Faiza had come over for dinner and piqued my interest in blogging.  She encouraged me to keep it simple. 

As is my nature, I immediately complicated it!  I surveyed my friends to see if I should go for it.  I harrassed my husband nightly about what the blog should be about.  I started a spreadsheet of possible blog topics.  Oh yes... it's in my nature to complicate.

After much nudging from other friends, and after many days of agonizing over what to call this blog, I read Faiza's response to my status update and said to myself, "what the flippity floo am I going to call this blog!?!" after which I said to myself, "heeeyyy!"

I have been overthinking this blog waaayyyy too much and so I'm finally just jumping in, throwing caution to the wind, and declaring that this blog will have no theme at all!  It is just going to be my dumping ground for whatever!

So, ou est la blog?  La blog est ici!  (I am so super Frenchy!)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Très magnifique KKM! Can't wait to read all of your stories and adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est excellente! I am so happy you are doing this- its like you've been blogging for years. I kind of want to do it now too- who knows, I just might. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete